More than a summer music camp
Welcome to the Summer Music Academy. Our mission is to provide a creative and supportive environment for young adults to grow as musicians and people. Our high school program is unique in that it offers a residential pre-college experience with a rich offering of music courses, as well as non-music courses, taught by Ithaca College faculty and top music educators from across the country. Our intermediate program provides young musicians with the opportunity to work with renowned faculty in a fun and supportive environment.
Our electives have been carefully designed to allow students interested in pursuing careers in music the experiences needed to hone and expand upon their interests, as well as investigate new areas of interest. The program is also designed to give students whom do not wish to pursue a career in music the option to have a quality summer music experience.
Since 1892, the Ithaca College School of Music has worked hard to earn its reputation as one of the finest undergraduate music schools in the country. Each year, our faculty work with students from across the country to transform them into world-class professionals. We are excited to expand upon this success and offer a rich summer program for students of all ages.
Please select your division:
- July 12–25, 2015
- Available to students who are entering grades 10, 11, or 12.
- Wind ensemble (band), orchestra, voice, and jazz programs.
- July 26–August 1, 2015
- Band program: entering grades 7, 8, or 9
- Orchestra program: entering grades 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9
- Musical Theatre program: entering grades 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9
What Makes Us Unique?
- Rich, residential pre-college experience
- Faculty that consists of renowned guest artists, top music educators, and Ithaca College faculty
- An array of music electives designed for specific music interests: performance, music education, sound recording technology, composition, and jazz
- Non-music electives
- College preparatory workshop
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Beautiful campus setting