The Summer Music Academy International Division provides international students with advanced music instruction and the opportunity to learn English and American customs in a safe and supportive environment. Students experience American college life by working with Ithaca College faculty, closely interacting with American students, studying in state-of-the-art facilities, residing in dormitories, and eating in dining halls.
Ithaca College is a prestigious private institution located in a beautiful country setting in Upstate New York. The natural environment surrounding Ithaca is filled with rolling hills, lakes, waterfalls, and state parks. Cornell University is located less than two miles away, which along with Ithaca College, helps to create a vibrant local community. New York City is located 220 miles away and can be reached in four hours by car or one hour by air.
- Instruments: Piano, Strings, Woodwinds, Brass, Voice, Guitar, Jazz
- Ensembles: Wind Ensemble, Orchestra, Chamber Music
- Dates: July 14–27, 2013
- Tuition, Room, and Board: $1,850 by March 15; $2,000 by April 15
- Ages: 15 to 18
- Daily American culture and English language classes
- Private lessons and masterclasses with renowned faculty
- One-on-one cultural exchange experiences with American students
- Ensemble rehearsals
- Daily outdoor activities and evening events
- Rated by students and parents as one of the most outstanding summer music programs in the United States
- Rich, residential pre-college experience
- Faculty consisting of renowned guest artists, top music educators, and Ithaca College faculty
- College preparatory workshop
- State-of-the-art facilities in a beautiful campus setting
- Online Application
- Audio or video audition: two pieces of contrasting styles and an additional piece of your choice.
Start your application now
Dates and Deadlines:
- March 15: deadline for early registration discount ($150)
- April 15: regular application deadline. Applications submitted after April 1 will be accepted on a space-available basis only.
- May 1: final deadline for payment