The role of Risk Management is to make and implement decisions that will minimize the adverse effects of accidental losses as well as business losses to the College.
- Identification of risks and liability exposures by performing risk assessments and analysis with departments.
- Evaluation and selection of risk management techniques.
- Review of contractual agreements to transfer risk and liability exposures and ensure that insurance requirements are appropriate.
- Management of claims against the College involving bodily injury, property damage, automobile, and other types of losses.
- Administer and management of the College's Liability, Property, student health, and other programs through insurance and self-insurance programs.
The Office of Risk Management also works very closely with campus organizations and departments involving student and academic programs, travel-related matters, motor vehicle record checks for employees and students, student driver safety classes, certificates of insurance, and use of facilities.