Fall 2017 Career Fair
Wednesday, September 19, 2017
4:30pm - 7:00pm
During the fair, you can:
- Explore internship and job opportunities
- Network with employers, peers, and staff
- Gain valuable insight into various career options
Over 80 Employers will be attending - check them out on Handshake!
Wondering how to make the most of this event? Below are tips from the recruiters who will be attending:
- Bring copies of resumes!
- It is good to have a quick introduction ready for meeting employers...1-3 sentences about who you are, what you're involved with, and what you're interested in after graduating college.
- Do your best to promote your personal "Brand" in person and online. An impression can last a lifetime! Keep in mind you represent not only yourself, you represent your family, business and community.
- Think outside the box. Some companies may offer an internship in your field and you may not realize it.
- Network, network, network!
- Bring resume, bring planner/be prepared to schedule interview on the spot
- Be open minded, ask questions
- Be open to anything!
- Think outside the box to diversify your resume. How can you apply skills from your area of study to a variety of jobs and industries?
- Internships are key!
- Research the companies you are interested in before attending the event. Try to tailor your resume for each employer.
- Research all companies in attendance and choose to visit those that interest you most.
- Follow your passion and learn something new!
- Be yourself!
- Please be prepared to share the direction you see your career journey taking you. Even if it you don't end up going that route, have a direction in mind.
- Be enthusiastic and remember this is a networking opportunity!
- Show confidence in your abilities when meeting potential employers
- Embrace what makes you unique!
- Explore the possibilities
- Ensure resume includes graduation date and overall GPA.
- Start with why. Why do you want an internship/specific job/etc then reverse engineer how to get there.
- Keep an open mind! Speak with employers across all fields about their opportunities.
- Be honest and be yourself
- Speak about leadership!
- Wear a smile and greet and converse with everyone. You never know what connections you might make.
- Talk to everyone! You might find something unexpected that becomes the perfect fit!
- Treat it like a job interview - come prepared
- Networking is the key to success!
- Take a moment to visit as many (if not all) booths as possible - you never know what might end up being a great fit that wasn't previously on your radar.
To get your resume in great shape, bring it to a drop-in at Career Services
Dress is Business Professional
If you have business cards, bring them. Definitely make sure to bring copies of your resume!