Fall Welcome is designed to provide continuing programs and opportunities for new and transfer students as they transition to college life and the Ithaca College community. Starting on Sunday, August 25, with room check-in, Fall Welcome lasts through Tuesday, August 27—the day before classes start.
Students will receive a schedule when they check in; however, highlights of some programs you should expect to attend are listed below:
Sunday, August 25
- Residence Hall Check-In
- Kick-off Social Event and Welcome BBQ
- Student Employment Information
Monday, August 26
- Transfer Student Breakfast
- Community Picnic
- Dean’s Welcome
- First-Year Comedy Night
Tuesday, August 27
- Reading Initiative Panel and Small Group Discussion
- College 101: Getting Involved at Ithaca College
- ALANA Community Welcome Back BBQ
Wednesday, August 29
- Classes start
- LGBT & Allied Community Welcome and Film Screening
A tentative schedule, details about Fall Welcome events and opportunities, and contact information will be updated throughout the summer on the FYE website. Specific information about room check-in will come from the Office of Residential Life.
Family members are invited to assist their student with room check-in on Sunday and take care of any last-minute business; however, there is no formal programming for family members or guests occurring during this time.