Student Leadership Consultant/Orientation Leader Selection Process
Current Ithaca College students interested in applying for the 2015 Summer Orientation Leader (OL) and/or the 2015 Fall Student Leadership Consultant (SLC) position are invited to fill out the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs Student Leadership Application.
The deadline for applications was February 18, 2015 at 5pm.
Helpful Tips and Updates
- Before filling out the application, thoroughly read each tab section below that applies to you.
- There is one online application for both positions – see the "Applying For Both?" tab below. You will be able to designate which position you are applying for on the application form.
- Towards the end of the application you will be asked to attach documents (such as your resume). Save these documents on your computer just in case!
- Contact First-Year Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 607-274-1908 if you have any questions about the application process.
|SLC Position Description|
|Please read below to see the responsibilities and required skills of the Student Leadership Consultant position.|
Student Leadership Consultants will work in conjunction with the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs to assist with the development, coordination, and implementation of programs and services offered. Student Leadership Consultants will serve as ambassadors to the campus community and should represent the vision and values of the Office. Through continuous education and training, Student Leadership Consultants will have the opportunity to expand their skills in the areas of customer service, public speaking, marketing, and program development.
- Assist in the planning and facilitating of workshops, retreats, conferences, service projects, and on-going programs or projects.
- Assist in the day-to-day activities of OSEMA and the Student Activities Center, including but not limited to answering phones, filing, collecting mail, opening and closing the offices, faxing, copying, distributing forms and contracts to student organizations, and greeting walk-in appointments.
- Serve as a resource to individuals and student groups and connect them with campus and community resources.
- Participate in training and development workshops and attend regularly scheduled student staff meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment and to follow through with ideas from conception to completion.
- Be reliable, confident, and flexible.
- Be conscious of attendance and timelines.
- Have the ability to serve as a role model and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate a capacity for project management.
- Be familiar with the services, structures, and systems of Ithaca College, especially those related to OSEMA.
- Utilize organized decision and problem solving skills.
- Take initiative and work independently.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Set a positive tone for interaction and demonstrate responsibility and respect for others’ rights, feelings, lifestyles, diverse backgrounds, and for personal and College property.
- Have the ability to produce creative marketing materials.
- Maintain good academic and judicial standing.
- All SLCs are required to attend training from August 17-21, 2015.
- SLCs must attend weekly staff meetings during the semester on Mondays from 5:30-6:30pm.
- SLCs must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 and be in good judicial standing at the time of hiring.
SLCs assist with the development and implementation of the programs and services offered by OSEMA. Specific duties include creating marketing materials for events, maintaining databases for student groups, hosting leadership workshops, providing assistance in the Student Activities Center and OSEMA office, and much more. This is a great position for detail-oriented students interested in working with people and events. Pay is $9.00 an hour and students typically work 12-14 hours a week.