OL/SLC Application Information
Current Ithaca College students interested in applying for the 2017 Summer Orientation Leader (OL) and/or the 2017 Fall Student Leadership Consultant (SLC) position are invited to fill out the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs Student Leadership Application.
Applications open Monday, January 23, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. EST.
Application deadline is Monday, February 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Apply via OrgSync
Contact First-Year Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 607-274-1908 if you have any questions. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact FYE at email@example.com or 607-274-1908. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.
|SLC Position Description|
|Required skills and responsibilities|
Student Leadership Consultants (SLCs) will work in conjunction with OSEMA to assist with the development, coordination, and implementation of programs and services offered. SLCs will serve as ambassadors to the campus community and should represent the vision and values of the Office. Through continuous education and training, SLCs will have the opportunity to expand their skills in the areas of customer service, public speaking, marketing, and program development. This is a great opportunity for detailed-oriented students interested in working with people and events.
- Assist in the planning and facilitating of workshops, retreats, conferences, service projects, and on-going programs or projects.
- Assist in the day-to-day activities of OSEMA and the Student Activities Center (SAC), including but not limited to answering phones, filing, collecting mail, opening and closing the offices, faxing, copying, distributing forms and contracts to student organizations, maintaining databases for student groups, and greeting walk-in appointments.
- Serve as a resource to individuals and student groups and connect them with campus and community resources.
- Host Student Leadership Institute sessions and other workshops.
- Participate in training and development workshops and attend regularly scheduled student staff meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment and to follow through with ideas from conception to completion.
- Be reliable, confident, and flexible.
- Be conscious of attendance and timelines.
- Have the ability to serve as a role model and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate a capacity for project management.
- Be familiar with the services, structures, and systems of Ithaca College, especially those related to OSEMA.
- Utilize organized decision and problem solving skills.
- Take initiative and work independently.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Set a positive tone for interaction and demonstrate responsibility and respect for others’ rights, feelings, lifestyles, diverse backgrounds, and for personal and College property.
- Have the ability to produce creative marketing materials.
- Maintain good academic and judicial standing.
- All SLCs are required to attend training from August 21-25, 2017.
- SLCs must attend weekly staff meetings during the semester on Mondays from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- SLCs must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 and be in good judicial standing.
- Pay is $9.12 an hour and students typically work 12-14 hours a week.