Since its grand opening in 2005, our climbing wall has been a great addition and wonderful fitness alternative here in the Fitness Center! The wall feature two faces: one of beginner/intermediate climbers, and one for those who are more skilled at the sport. We offer opportunities six days a week to climb the wall, so check our hours and see what day and time is best for you!
We provide the climbing shoes, harnesses, and helmets. You provide the desire and attitude! Come in and get climbing!
Ithaca College Climbing Wall Policies
- NO lead climbing during Climbing Wall hours
- The Ithaca College Climbing Wall is available for use by current students, faculty, and staff for a nominal fee. During appropriate hours, approved guests may use the wall for a nominal entry and climbing fee. Valid ID is required.
- Participants may only climb during open hours while wall is supervised .
- All participants must sign Ithaca College’s LIABILITY RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE form before they can participate in any activities. Climbing is at the participant’s sole risk.
- Only those trained may belay. Belayers and climbers must follow ALL procedures covered in the Training session or privileges may be revoked by the staff. No lead climbing is allowed during open climbing sessions.
- Participants cannot use personal climbing equipment, and must use only the gear provided by Ithaca College. Personal climbing shoes may be used.
- Sandals, bare feet, or inappropriate shoes are strictly prohibited. Climbers must wear shirts.
- All shirts must be tucked into harnesses. Long hair must be tied back. Absolutely no necklaces, bracelets, or other exposed jewelry may be worn.
- Ithaca College is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen articles.
- Participants must remove objects in the mouth (gum, candy, etc.) when climbing.
- Climbers must not make contact with the ceiling or the bolt hangers and hardware at the top of the climb.
- Any safety hazards and accidents, even minor ones, witnessed by participants, must be reported immediately to the staff
- Patrons must abide by all Ithaca College Fitness Center policies.