Blood Drive on July 2
Contributed by Cynthia Smith
Our goal for this drive is only 45 units and there are still openings to donate. We have been able to meet our goal the last two years; please help us meet it again this year.
Every blood donation is essential, and many donors are unaware of the constant need to replenish the blood supply. We are facing a shortage because usage has outpaced actual blood donations. Every two seconds someone in the Southern Tier is in need of blood.
Did you know that
We want you to be an everyday local hero. Please give blood Wednesday, July 2, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Emerson Hall.
You are eligible to donate if you meet the following criteria:
- only 5% of the populations who can donate blood actually do.
- your one donation can save up to three lives.
- 85% of the population will require blood transfusion at some point in their life!
- red blood cells are only viable for 42 days.
If you have an hour to spare and would like to be a local hero, please e-mail Cynthia B. Smith or call 274-3371 to schedule an appointment.
- you're at least 17 years old
- you weigh at least 110 pounds
- you haven't donated within the last 56 days
- you haven't traveled abroad since 1980 for more then 3 cumulative months in Great Britain or 6 months cumulative in Europe.
To improve your donation experience be sure to eat well the day of donation, drink plenty of fluids and get a good night's sleep!
On behalf of hospital patients in the Southern Tier, thank you for your goodwill and generosity.
Contributed by Cynthia B. Smith