Current Ithaca College community members may contribute stories and comments as well as view additional topics by logging in.
It's that time of year when many people are out of the office for vacation or other reasons. Did you know that the Ithaca College Webmail system has a convenient option for setting an automatic "away" message for those times when you may not be able to check your e-mail as frequently as usual? Below are some guidelines for setting up your "away" message:
2. Click the "options" button
3. Click the "vacation message" button
4. Check the "enable automatic vacation reply" box
5. Enter the "start" date (the date that your time away starts) and the "stop" date (the date that you will be back in the office)
6. Set the "number of days between replies to repeat senders:" to one day longer than the total number of days you will be out of the office (or set it to "7" if you will be out of the office for several weeks). This setting allows for periodic automatic replies to the sender, yet prevents them from receiving your "away" notice every single time they send you an e-mail message.
7. Enter a subject, such as "Auto Reply -- Out of the Office"
8. You may leave the first text box blank. Enter your "away" message in the second text box. You may want to include the time period that you will be away and any alternate contact information as appropriate.
9. Click the "save changes" button
If you have any problems or questions, please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 4-3282 or email@example.com.
Contributed by Karen Sunderland
© Copyright Ithaca College. All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited. All material on this server is produced by our community but, except for designated pages, is neither approved nor verified by Ithaca College.