Gerry Golub, CPA and managing partner of Goldstein Golub Kessler, LLP, will speak on November 2, in Williams 225, 6:00 - 7:30 pm.
The title of Golub's presentation will be "How to Start Your Own Business". He is a frequent lecturer at many New York colleges and universities, giving insight into entrepreneurship.
Golub graduated from Brooklyn College and did his graduate work at Bernard Baruch College. From 1961 to 1967, he was associated with David W. Katz & Co. In 1968, he formed his own firm under the name of Gerald L. Golub & Company. In 1971, he merged into Goldstein Golub Kessler & Company.
Serving a broad base of clients across most industry lines, Mr. Golub has been instrumental in the purchase and sale of businesses. He has assisted with lease negotiations, mergers, real estate purchases, and sales, as well as obtaining bank, venture capital, and other private and public financing for clients.
Contributed by Karen Gorewit
- Former vice president and treasurer of the NYSSCPA. Former member of the executive committee and member of the board of directors of the NYSSCPA.
- Member or chairman of various other committees and leader of a variety of task forces at the NYSSCPA.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Major Firms Managing Partners Group.
- Member of the American Institute, New York and New Jersey Societies of Certified Public Accountants. Member of the NYS Society of CPAs managing partner committee and professional liability insurance committee.
- Listed in the 100 Most Influential People in Accounting -- continuously from 1994 through 2000 and 2003.
- Member of the board of directors executive committee of Nexia International, a worldwide network of accounting, tax and consulting firms.
- General chairman, Anti-Defamation League -- Accountants, Factors, and Finance Division.
- Cochairman of the Stuyvesant High School Wall of Fame Project and Member of the National Leadership Council of the Campaign for Stuyvesant.
- Member of the Lincoln Center Business Council, the board of directors of the Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding, member of business advisory council of Baruch College School of Business, Accountants Club of America and the CEO Club. At-large board member CAMICO Insurance Co. Member of the Yeshiva of Flatbush Alumni Association executive committee.
- Road captain and member of the Harley Owners Group advisory board.