As recently announced, the payables department is pleased to introduce a new easier means of payment to replace manual checks.
The new system is called E-Z Pay and will go into effect early next year. We are confident the transition will go smoothly. Outlined below are the basic details of the anticipated transition.
Beginning this week we will be scheduling required 1 to 2 hour training sessions by area of the campus. The actual training will be held the first and second weeks of January and we are trying to schedule academic areas first. The training sessions will last approximately an hour but with questions may go longer.
Procedures for the transition from manual checks to E-Z Pay:
- Bring your unused manual checks to training and notify payables of any checks that have been written but not yet entered into Parnassus.
- After your training any checks that have been written but have not been entered into Parnassus will need to be sent to payables for entry no later than the 25th of January.
- You will have new E-Z Pay responsibility in Parnassus after you attend training.
- Manual check entry portions of finance apps responsibility will be discontinued shortly after training.
- Payables will verify outstanding manual checks and contact departments if there are discrepancies.
The new E-Z Pay is a self-service invoice entry form for payments of $500 or under. The payment information is imported as an invoice into the Parnassus accounts payable system and the payment is generated through the accounts payable office. Suppliers and employees can elect to receive payments directly into their bank accounts via electronic funds transfer (EFT) to speed processing time. The check for those electing not to be set up with EFT would be mailed to their address.
You can sign up for payment by electronic funds transfer (EFT) by submitting an EFT authorization form.
Please contact Ann Martin, 274-3808, with any questions or concerns.
Contributed by Ann Martin