Click below for an updated student and family session schedule. You will receive a hard copy when you check in for orientation.
Welcome to Ithaca College!
We know that going to college—even transferring to a different college—can be simultaneously exhilarating and overwhelming. Summer Orientation is here to help all our new and transfer students navigate this significant transition in an intentional way, including:
- Meeting new friends and learning about campus life
- Attending educational workshops and unique social events
- Gaining exposure to academic and social challenges ahead
- Meeting with a faculty advisor to start building an educational plan
- Registering for your first semester of classes
All new and transfer students must attend a summer orientation program. Family members (parents and/or guardians) are also invited to attend orientation for a unique family-focused experience.
What actually happens at orientation?
Review our sample orientation schedules to get an idea of how your day(s) will look:
- New Student and Family Orientation Program Schedule
- Transfer and Family Orientation Program Schedule
How can you prepare for orientation?
After signing up for an orientation session, read through this orientation guide and follow the appropriate orientation to-do list.
When is orientation?
All students sign up for orientation through their myIthaca account. This includes signing up family members and sharing specific needs and accommodations with the orientation staff.
- Transfer students sign up for orientation on Monday, June 15, with an option of attending extended transfer orientation on Sunday, June 14.
- New student sessions occur throughout the months of June and July. All sessions happen on either Monday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Friday, and students will be able to select specific sessions available to them through their myIthaca account.