Updated Regularly: NEWEST: ITS is hiriging for Spring 2015; You are invited and RSVP by NOON on 10/21; biol-302-forms are due by 1 pm 10/31; 2 NEW Spring BIOLOGY COURSES; Student Funding: Fall 2014; EcoFest 2014, November 7,
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Information Technology Services (ITS) is hiring student staff for the Spring 2015 semester! Come to our last information session to learn more and to apply!
- Wednesday, October 22nd from 6:00pm – 7:00pm in Friends 309
We are hiring for the following positions:
- Business Services Assistant
- Classroom Technology Specialist
- Digital Media Specialist
- fixIT Shop Technician
- Helpdesk Consultant
- Lab Consultant
For detailed hiring information please visit our website at www.ithaca.edu/its/general/studentemploy/. Applications are due Thursday, October 23rd by 4:00pm. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. If you have any questions please feel free to email Lisa Efing-Guida at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in working with ITS!
Thursday, October 16, 2014
You are invited to a lunch with the Biology seminar speaker on Thursday Oct 23rd from 12-1pm (or whenever you get out of class). Rod Parsons is an neuroscientist who has mentored numerous graduate students and postdocs (including Jean Hardwick!) and was Chair of the Neuroscience program at UVM for several decades. If you are considering graduate school or just a career in science and would like to hear the perspective from someone who has been involved in graduate education and scientific careers for a very long time, come to lunch for some casual – and candid – conversation.
If you would like to attend, please
RSVP to Nancy Pierce by Tuesday, Oct 21st at noon, CNS 1B.
Be sure to let her know if you have any dietary restrictions we need to consider.
- email@example.com or 274-3161
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Anyone interested in conducting 302 Jr. Research this spring
MUST return the signed form by 1 pm October 31.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
BIOL 20402 Special Topics: Freshwater Ecology
BIOL 20403 Special Topics: Genomics and Informatics
Thursday, September 11, 2014
EcoFest is a sustainability festival geared toward students - and faculty and staff as well. It will be a day-long event on Friday November 7, in the Campus Center. We’ll have approx. 12 to 20 energy/sustainability information booths, staffed with professionals and Ithaca College staff to interact with attendees about sustainability as it relates to living, working, and learning on the Ithaca College campus, in your home, in your office, and in the community. The annual Sodexo local/sustainable food festival, will become a part of our event this year. We’ll be following-up our November 7 event with a “town hall” type forum geared towards students. These are some of the details:
- Approx. 12-20 Energy and Sustainability information booths (e.g. NYSERDSA, Cooperative Extension, Ithaca College Office of Energy Management and Sustainability, Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit, Solar Tompkins, IC Office of Facilities, ITS)
- Demonstrations (e.g. compost and recycling education; dorm, home and office energy-saving tips; and a mock office setup to showcase smart energy use, furniture reuse, green cleaning , computer ergonomics and energy savings, Greenstar Coop’s “smoothie bicycle”…)
- Tour of Athletic and Events Center that afternoon/evening
- Thursday November 13: We’re doing a follow-up to EcoFest 2014 with a town hall discussion on energy and sustainability in the evening. We’d like this discussion to be student-led and moderated.
We’ll have a “passport” card that we stamp at each information booth, demonstration, the tour and follow-up discussion, so students can record the way in which they participate.