Updated Regularly: newest -- Research in Bio--Mandatory Meeting 4/2; Tri-Beta: deadline = March 30; dept banquet hold the date; ITS is hiring for the fall; Biology Events; apply for some student awards!!!
Thursday, March 26, 2015
Interested in doing research in the biology department during the summer and/or fall semesters? If so, this is for you!
Mandatory informational meeting with faculty
Thursday, April 2
CNS First Floor Foyer
All students must apply by the specified deadlines.
If your schedule does not permit you to attend this meeting, you must meet with faculty members individually, and submit a signed application (available at the meeting and on-line afterwards).
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Regular membership: 3.0 cumulative GPA and at least 3 semesters of Biology, with a least a B average in Biology classes. Fee is $50 for a lifetime membership.
Associate membership: open to anyone. Fee is $40 If you are currently an Associate, but have now met the requirements for Regular membership, an additional $10 will get you promoted to a Regular membership
Benefits of Being a Tri-Beta Member:
- Excellent honor to list on your resume/CV and applications.
- Receive a subscription to BIOS (a journal where members can publish their undergraduate work)
- Receive a cord to wear at graduation
- Can apply for research scholarships
- Can apply for awards based on research Be part of a national organization with students also interested in biology
- Attend a member installation banquet
- And of course, you can become a Tri-Beta officer!
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org -- provide her with your name and ID number - by March 30, 2015.
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Students, Faculty, & Staff~
Mark your calendar for THURS., April 30
A&E Center's VIP Lounge
An evening for celebration, recognition, and entertainment!
Details will be coming on menu, but save the date!
Monday, March 16, 2015
Information Technology Services (ITS) is hiring student staff for the Fall 2015 semester! Come to one of our last information sessions to learn more and to apply!
- Tuesday, March 17th from 12:10-1:00 pm in Friends 304
- Wednesday, March 18th from 7:00-8:00 pm in Friends 304
ITS is hiring for the following positions:
- Business Services Assistant
- Digital Media Specialist
- Desktop Service Technician
- fixIT Shop Technician
- Helpdesk Consultant
- Lab Consultant
- Project Management Assistant
- TLC Training Specialist
For detailed hiring information please visit our website at www.ithaca.edu/its/general/studentemploy/. Applications are due on Thursday, March 19th by 5:00pm. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. If you have any questions please feel free to email Lisa Efing-Guida at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in working with ITS!
Tuesday, March 3, 2015