Updated Regularly: BBB induction ceremony; Seeking TAs; BIO BANQUET--May 5; Happy Hour
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Bring payment to Nancy Pierce. $15 cash or check payable to Ithaca College.
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Thursday, April 28
Come support your fellow classmates!
Thursday, March 24, 2016
Did you have an awesome time in Principles of Biology I and have a desire to teach?
We are currently seeking TAs for next Fall's Principles of Biology I class (Fall 2016). If you are interested, please complete the following form.
- If you have any questions, please contact Andy Smith (email@example.com) or Te-Wen Lo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Monday, February 29, 2016
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR WRITING TUTORS
- Tutoring a wide range of students, including international and graduate students, from across the college, approximately 10 hours a week, to help them gain independence as writers
- Maintain the Writing Center as a welcoming space for all
- Visiting classes to promote use of the Writing Center
- Solid academic standing and strong writing abilities, particularly in expository genres
- Successful completion of Academic Writing I, Inquiry, Research, and Writing Across the Disciplines, Introduction to the Essay, or Ithaca Seminar in Writing; sophomore standing. Students need not be majors or minors, but additional writing courses beyond the 100-level, especially Argument, are preferred.
- Strong commitment to helping other students become more effective writers
- Personal qualities conducive to one-on-one conferences, including a friendly, approachable manner; patience; good listening abilities; and a sense of maturity and responsibility
The Writing Center will begin accepting applications for the Fall 2016 semester on Monday, February 14. All applications must be turned in to the Writing Center by 5 pm on March 21.
Pick up an application in the Writing Center (Smiddy 107) or download it from Documents on the left hand side of the page at /hs/depts/writing/writingcenter/wctutorapp/. A completed application will include a detailed letter of intent, a résumé, and two expository writing samples, preferably with sources. Applications must be turned in at Smiddy 107 or emailed to Professor Thomas Girshin at email@example.com. The strongest candidates will then be asked to complete a series of exercises and to schedule an interview.
New tutors will be required to take a 1-credit writing center tutoring course during their first semester of tutoring.
For additional information, contact:
Tom Girshin, Smiddy 425, 274-3516, firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, February 29, 2016
This is a nice way to end a week and meet your Biology and Biochemistry fellow classmates and professors!
Stay tuned for details, but note these days on your schedule:
Happy Hour -- 4:00 pm, CNS 1st floor foyer.
Hosts of the Events: