- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading interview materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an interview.
- Step 5: Interview (either in-person or by phone/skype)
The Early Decision Deadline was November 1st.
THE DEADLINE FOR Acceptd APPLICATIONS FOR B.A. THEATRE STUDIES HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 1st.
The Common Application Deadline for students who have already submitted their Acceptd application is also extended to February 1st.
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd using PDF format:
- A brief résumé, including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo.
- An essay which answers the question "How do you envision the role of theatre in contemporary society?" This essay is limited to 1200 characters.
- Additionally, you will be asked to supply the names of two references that are willing to write on your behalf. Get Accept'd will be in contact with these individuals directly.
For Your Interview
Please bring any materials which demonstrate and document your activities in theatre. This could be a play you've written, a prompt book for a production you stage-managed or other material. The ideal candidate for the B.A. program is a naturally inquisitive, self-motivated student who intends to explore multiple disciplines in the theatre, including directing, playwriting, history, dramaturgy or stage management.
Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Dillingham Center Lobby
- Saturday, Dec 13 (Early Decision)
- Saturday, Jan 31
- Saturday, Feb 14
- Saturday, Feb 21
New York City
NOLA Studios, 250 West 54th Street, 11th Floor, Studio A
- Saturday, Jan 24
- Sunday, Jan 25
Palmer House Hilton, 17 East Monroe, 7th FLoor, Burnham 1
** On the Ithaca dates, you may also choose to schedule an interview via telephone or Skype. Be sure to choose the "Ithaca (Phone)" session when scheduling.