- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading interview materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an interview.
- Step 5: Interview (either in-person or by phone/skype)
For both Ithaca College (Common Application) & Theatre Arts (Acceptd)
- Early Decision: November 1st
- Regular Admissions: December 1st
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd using PDF format:
- A brief résumé, including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo
- An essay that answers the question "What qualities or attributes make good leaders? Provide examples of your leadership." This essay is limited to 1200 characters.
- An additional essay that addresses your academic performance, specifically in math, as well as academic goals. This essay is limited to 1200 characters.
- Digital samples of your work in theatre management. These might include marketing materials (posters, photos, programs), fundraising materials, budgets or box office materials, and audience development materials.
Note: Images should be no higher than 72 dpi for ease of uploading to Get Accept'd We also ask that you label your images with a title that describes your work. For example, you might title an image that shows your poster design "Poster Design for Gypsy."
For Your Interview
Bring any materials which provide evidence of prior work and/or skills related to theatre. If interviewing by phone, please send materials prior to the interview date to Ithaca College Theatre Arts.
- Saturday, Dec 13: Morning ONLY (Early Decision)
- Saturday, Jan 31
- Saturday, Feb 14
- Saturday, Feb 21
New York City
- Saturday, Jan 24
- Sunday, Jan 25