- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading interview materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an interview.
- Step 5: Interview (either in-person or by phone/skype)
PLEASE NOTE: The Early Action option will not be offered to applicants in music or theatre due to the timing of the audition and interview process.
The Early Decision Deadline for the Common Application and the Acceptd application was November 1st for B.F.A. Theatrical Production Arts, B.A. Theatre Studies, B.S. Theatre Arts Management only.
The Regular Admissions Deadline for the Common Application and the Acceptd application is December 1.
You will not receive any further notification regarding your prescreening until your applications (Common Application and Acceptd) are complete.
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd using PDF format:
- A one-page résumé that includes your name and email address, highlighting activities in which you participated – jobs you worked, and/or leadership positions you held during high school in the following areas:
- athletics (e.g.played on a school team; competed as a member of a climbing/gymnastics/cheerleading team unaffiliated with school)
- clubs (e.g. Glee Club, Key Club, Scouts)
- camps (e.g. theatre camp, athletics camp)
- societies (e.g. Honors Society)
- volunteering and community service (e.g. raised money and walked the 5 K in a Relay for Life event; served Thanksgiving meals at a shelter; taught Sunday School)
- all high school math courses
- awards and scholarships received
- any other academic or extracurricular activities
- A current headshot or recent photo. Note: Images should be no higher than 72 dpi for ease of uploading to Acceptd.
For Your Interview
The materials that you submit online will be reviewed during your interview. There is no need to bring physical evidence or any other materials such as letters of recommendation, etc.
Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Dillingham Center Lobby
- Saturday, Dec 10 (Early Decision)
- Saturday, Jan 28
- Saturday, Feb 4
- Saturday, Feb 18
New York City
NOLA Studios, 250 West 54th Street, 11th Floor, Studio A
- Saturday, Jan 21
- Sunday, Jan 22
** On the Ithaca dates, you may also choose to schedule an interview via telephone or Skype. Be sure to choose the "Ithaca (Phone)" session when scheduling.
updated 12/2/16 11:00 a.m.