- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading interview materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an interview.
- Step 5: Interview (either in-person or by phone/skype)
The Early Decision Deadline is November 1st.
The Regular Admissions Deadline has been extended to February 1st.
You will not receive any further notification regarding your prescreening until your applications (Common Ap and Acceptd) are complete.
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd using PDF format:
- A brief résumé, including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo
- A concise personal statement (250 words or less) specific to the applicant's intended degree of study. For example, what do you hope to achieve by pursuing this particular major and how do you envision your studies helping you prepare for your future? This statement should outline the particular interest the applicant has in attending the Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts, and is an important part of the file review. General statements submitted for other college applications are not appropriate for this requirement.
- For Visual Design & Technology interested students upload 10-20 photos (no videos) of productions you have designed or helped to mount, examples of special design or technical skills such as sewing, computer graphics or drafting, two- or three-dimensional art. Note: Images should be no higher than 72 dpi for ease of uploading. We also ask that you label your images with a title that describes your work. For example, you might title an image that shows your poster design "Poster Design for Gypsy."
- For Sound Design interested students upload 1-3 short videos (no more than one minute each) consisting of a montage of 3-5 still photos of the production set to examples of the music/soundscape. Videos must be in a format supported by Quicktime 10.x.
For Your Interview
Prepare a portfolio to present as evidence of prior theatrical work. If interviewing in person, bring the materials with you. If interviewing by phone, please send materials prior to the interview date to Ithaca College Theatre Arts. You may also elect to make these materials available electronically. This can include but is not limited to work from art classes, photography, sculpture, drafting, sketches, photos of production work (both final product and shots of items in progress), or any other items that show both demonstrable graphic skills and technical ability and projects.
Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Dillingham Center Lobby
- Saturday, Dec 12 (Early Decision)
- Saturday, Jan 30
- Saturday, Feb 6
- Saturday, Feb 20
New York City
NOLA Studios, 250 West 54th Street, 11th Floor, Studio A
- Saturday, Jan 23
- Sunday, Jan 24
Palmer House Hilton, 17 East Monroe, 7th FLoor, Burnham 1
** On the Ithaca dates, you may also choose to schedule an interview via telephone or Skype. Be sure to choose the "Ithaca (Phone)" session when scheduling.