- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading interview materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an interview.
- Step 5: Interview (either in-person or by phone/skype)
PLEASE NOTE: The Early Action option will not be offered to applicants in music or theatre due to the timing of the audition and interview process.
The Early Decision Deadline for the Common Application and the Acceptd application is November 1st ~~for B.F.A. Theatrical Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies, B.S. Theatre Arts Management only.
The Regular Admissions Deadline for the Common Application and the Acceptd application is December 1.
You will not receive any further notification regarding your prescreening until your applications (Common Application and Acceptd) are complete.
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd using PDF format:
- A brief résumé, including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo
- A concise personal statement (250 words or less) specific to the applicant's intended degree of study. For example, what do you hope to achieve by pursuing this particular major and how do you envision your studies helping you prepare for your future? This statement should outline the particular interest the applicant has in attending the Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts, and is an important part of the file review. General statements submitted for other college applications are not appropriate for this requirement.
- For Visual Design & Technology interested students upload 10-20 photos (no videos) of productions you have designed or helped to mount, examples of special design or technical skills such as sewing, computer graphics or drafting, two- or three-dimensional art. Note: Images should be no higher than 72 dpi for ease of uploading. We also ask that you label your images with a title that describes your work. For example, you might title an image that shows your poster design "Poster Design for Gypsy."
- For Sound Design interested students upload 1-3 short videos (no more than one minute each) consisting of a montage of 3-5 still photos of the production set to examples of the music/soundscape. Videos must be in a format supported by Quicktime 10.x.
For Your Interview
The materials that you submitted online will be reviewed during your interview. There is no need to bring a physical portfolio or any other materials such as letters of recommendation etc.
Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Dillingham Center Lobby
- Saturday, Dec 10 (Early Decision)
- Saturday, Jan 28
- Saturday, Feb 4
- Saturday, Feb 18
New York City
NOLA Studios, 250 West 54th Street, 11th Floor, Studio A
- Saturday, Jan 21
- Sunday, Jan 22
Palmer House Hilton, 17 East Monroe, 7th Floor, Burnham 1
** On the Ithaca dates, you may also choose to schedule an interview via telephone or Skype. Be sure to choose the "Ithaca (Phone)" session when scheduling.
updated 12/2/16 11:00 a.m.