B.S. Theatre Arts Management
The student advising/review schedule will be strictly enforced. It is the responsibility of the student to make the appropriate appointment to meet with the T.A.M. coordinator and manager of audience development and special projects. The coordinator will provide sign-up sheets on the T.A.M. callboard for advising/review periods. Any student who fails to schedule and participate in advising/review will be automatically dropped from the T.A.M. program.
Advising/review is required of every Theatre Arts Management student and is conducted each semester.
At the end of each advising/review period students will receive one of four ratings: proceed in program; warning; probationary status; discontinued from program. At any time during a student’s enrollment in the T.A.M. program, the student may receive any rating.
Student meets with the T.A.M. coordinator and manager of audience development and special projects to discuss student’s performance in the program. Ratings are based on each student’s academic and professional development.
Any student found seriously lacking will receive a written statement placing him/her on probation and detailing the steps he/she must take to be removed from probation by the end of the following semester.
Student performance will be based on a number of factors including but not limited to:
- Academic development and achievement.
- Development of professional work attitude and progress in program.
- Participation in the overall producing function of the department.
- Performance on assigned positions..
- Participation and performance on assigned positions including front of house and box office activities.
- Student’s attitude and progression in program.
- Professional resume and career development.