Frequently Asked Questions
Declaring a Major/Minor
- Can I choose a major outside the School of Humanities and Sciences?
- If I have figured out what I want my major to be, how do I declare it? How do I transfer to a major outside H&S?
- What are the deadlines and criteria to transfer to other schools within IC?
- How difficult is it to transfer to a different school or program within IC?
- Should I declare my major as soon as I am sure of my choice?
- When do most Exploratory students declare a major?
- Which majors do Exploratory students typically choose?
- What if I want to change my major after I declare?
- How do I declare a minor?
- Can I transfer into the Exploratory Program if I came to IC under a different major?
- Who can I talk to for advice about how to decide on a major?
- What opportunities should I avail myself of to help me determine my major?
- If I have decided on my occupational goals but am uncertain as to what major would be the best choice, whom can I ask? Where can I find out what I can do career-wise with a particular major?