Welcome to the First-Year Residential Experience (FYRE) at Ithaca College! FYRE is an educational, community experience that provides support for a student’s transition to IC and prompts students to consider their role in a community. As a first-year student in FYRE, you will have the opportunity to meet people from varying backgrounds, participate in interesting and engaging activities, connect with faculty and staff, and learn about the Ithaca College community.
The mission of FYRE is to provide a year-long, intentional living-learning environment that eases student transitions, develops strong, active communities, and stimulates intellectual curiosity. Our FYRE program helps students achieve a set of student learning outcomes through a combination of interactive educational experiences. Within FYRE, students will have the opportunity to learn about:
- resources available within the IC community
- the responsibilities of being an active community member
- important connections between class and their residence hall community
- the benefits of engaging with diverse perspectives
- strengths they possess and how they can apply those skills to advance the community
- concepts of sustainability and sustainability’s role in the community
Our FYRE program asks students to be active participants in their community experience by helping shape community events and initiatives in partnership with an FYRE Associate (a faculty or staff resource/mentor) and Resident Assistant (RA).
FYRE is located in the following six residential clusters:
- Boothroyd, Rowland, & Tallcott (BRT)
- East Tower (ET)
- Eastman & Lyon (EL)
- Hilliard, Hood, & Holmes (Triple H)
- Landon, Bogart, & Clarke (LBC)
- West Tower (WT)
FYRE residence halls are all located within a short walk to three Dining Halls, Campus Center, Academic Enrichment Services Office, Library, Academic Quad, Residential Life Office, Fitness Center, and more. Within each residence hall there are social lounges, a TV lounge, laundry facilities, and a kitchen/kitchenette. View all the amenities by residence hall by viewing the Residence Hall Amenities and Services page.