The Sustainably Conscious Community (SCC) provides students with the opportunity to explore the concepts of sustainability, practice a sustainable lifestyle, socialize with other students through community meetings & dinners, and build awareness about sustainability issues within the rest of the Ithaca College community. Over the years, SCC students have participated in a wide variety of experiential opportunities including local tours, camping adventures, community dinners, and intimate discussions with sustainability academics.
SCC is located on the second floor of Terrace 8. Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors are eligible to apply.
Have an interest in gardening? SCC students will have the opportunity to participate in a new collaborative Rooftop Garden project, located on the rooftop of Terrace 1/Terraces Dining hall! The new garden is a collaborative project between the Ithaca College Community Organic Gardens, School of Humanities and Sciences, Energy Management and Sustainability Department, and the Office of Residential Life.
If you have questions about SCC or the new Rooftop Garden, please contact:
- Sam Guter, Terraces 7-13 Residence Director
- Chase Lurgio '17, RA for Sustainably Conscious Community
- Joshua Enderle '17 Student Intern, Office of Energy Management and Sustainability
- Kevin Perry, Terraces 1-6 Residence Director
- Jenny Pickett, Assistant Director of Residential Life for Operations
- Jacqueline Winslow, Assistant Director of Residential Education
- Ann Stork, Assistant Professor, Environmental Studies and Science
- Ron Trunzo, Associate Director of Residential Life