Individual Choice (Benefits)
How Individual Choice Works
Individual Choice begins with a level of coverage necessary for the basic financial protection of each employee. This basic required coverage includes:
Eligible dependents are defines as:
- Your legal spouse or grandfathered qualified domestic partner (GFQDP)*
- Your legal children
- For Medical, Dental, Vision & Hearing plans this includes your natural, adopted or foster children, stepchildren, or any child for whom you have legal custody or are required to provide health insurance by a Qualified Medical Child Support Order.
- For Dependent Life and AD&D insurance plans this includes your natural, adopted, or stepchildren.
*If you and your QDP were enrolled in benefits before January 1, 2015, your partner is eligible to remain on benefits for the duration of your eligibility.
Dependents are eligible for all health benefits up to age 19. After the age of 19, they may remain eligible for certain benefits if they are
- between the ages of 19 and 25 - for all benefits provided that they are a full-time student (proof required).
- under the age of 26 - for medical insurance only, regardless of student or marital status.
- age 19 or older if unmarried and fully disabled.