Follow our blog for information regarding your benefits, work/life integration, health, wellness and more!
Thursday, February 20, 2014
SUPPORT FROM OTHERS
- In person support groups and/or individual session
- On-line Forums & Community Support Groups
- Over the phone support
- Request a Call through NY Smoke Free
- eni BalanceWorks EAP Professional Support (first 5 calls free): 1-800-327-2255
- Over text message reminders
- From a friend or family member
SUPPORT FROM YOURSELF
- Practice yoga, meditation, or breathing techniques
- Eat properly—eat frequently to manage cravings
- Recognize your triggers and treat them with care and alternatives
- STAY POSITIVE, YOU CAN DO IT!
- Over the counter (ie. Patches, gums, lozenges)
- Prescriptions from your doctor**
- Ithaca College's medical plans do cover smoking cessation medications such as Chantix, Wellbutrin, patches. The medications would fall under the prescription coverage. If members are covered under the HDHP they would need to satisfy the deductible first than copays would apply for the medicine. If members are on the POS plan then the medications are covered as copays.
"What you do today, can improve all your tomorrows" - unknown
Ithaca College 2014
Public and Community Health, B.S
ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
Next » « Previous