The bustle, energy, and opportunity at the center of the world is only four hours from Ithaca. As a major intersection of international culture and commerce, New York City is a metropolis of possibilities for Ithaca College students.
The semester-long ICNYC program is now open to select majors from all five schools. The program centers on a six-credit internship and at least six credits of coursework. Classroom-based and online courses are available for students. Classroom and meeting space is provided by The Cornell University Industrial and Labor Relations (ILR) Conference Center.
ICNYC also has 2 programs offered for the fall semesters only:
- one focused on music performance (music majors only);
- another on sound recording technology (music majors only);
ICNYC is designed to let students live and gain real work experience in one of the most dynamic cities in the world. Program Objectives include:
- offering students a meaningful internship experience or Music/Sound Recording Technology experience;
- helping students to gain confidence in what they know and can contribute;
- assisting in gaining an understanding of what they need to learn or perfect;
- encouraging students advantage of the opportunity to build a professional network;
- providing students with the opportunity to develop the discipline to study, intern, practice, and enjoy the City; and
- learn the ropes of independence and responsibility.