- Offer first-year students a liberal arts integrative experience in a small class setting;
- Provide a classroom experience where students will learn to analyze and critically evaluate ideas, arguments, and points of view;
- Introduce students to the Integrative Core Curriculum (ICC);
- Connect learning with other aspects of academic and college life to help first-year students make a successful transition to college.
Overall Goals of the Ithaca Seminars:
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) of the Ithaca Seminars:
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Identify and articulate assumptions that underlie an idea, argument, or creative work.
- Articulate what it means to be a part of a college-level learning community.
- Identify and use resources and services on campus and/or in our host community of Ithaca, NY to achieve academic, personal, and career goals.