Ithaca Seminars are 4-credit interdisciplinary courses. Approximately 3 credits are focused on topical course content and approximately 1 credit is focused on exploring and supporting the transition to college.
Oveview of the Ithaca Seminars
Overall Goals of the Ithaca Seminars:
- Offer first-year students a liberal arts integrative experience in a small class setting;
- Provide a classroom experience where students will learn to analyze and critically evaluate ideas, arguments, and points of view;
- Introduce students to the Integrative Core Curriculum (ICC) and their electronic portfolio;
- Connect learning with other aspects of academic and college life to help first-year students make a successful transition to college.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) of the Ithaca Seminars:
- Students will develop and evaluate ideas and arguments;
- Students will identify and articulate assumptions that underlie an idea, argument, or creative work.