- Founded in 1892 as a conservatory of music, the Ithaca College School of Music provides a comprehensive program devoted to excellence in performance and pedagogy.
- Eleven full-time music education faculty members and 13 part-time professionals guide music education undergraduates through a full and rich experience with major-area courses and student teaching.
- Music education faculty members are educator-practitioners; they continue to work regularly with music students in public schools and remain current in contemporary practices and pedagogy.
- The undergraduate music education degree can be completed in four years, or it can combined with a performance degree and completed in four and a half years.
- Among the graduate degrees offered by the School of Music are the master of music and master of science degrees in music education. These 30-credit, non-thesis degree programs can be completed in a calendar year of full-time study or in three to four years of summer study.
Why Music Education at Ithaca College?
Music Education Jobs
Click Here to be added to the Music Education Jobs email List Serve
Questions about your Teacher Certification?
Watch the Video
"Thank You Mrs. Starmer"
A short film highlighting a career in Music Education
Music Education Alumni Feedback
Please visit the Alumni Information & Resources page on the Ithaca College All College Teacher Education site.
2208 Whalen Center
Chad West, Chair ~ 274-1170
Kitty Whalen, Administrative Assistant