Why String Music Education at Ithaca College?
- We offer one of the largest undergraduate string music education programs in the country, delivering innovative and evolving curricula to educate and prepare music leaders for the 21st century.
- We have two robust graduate degree tracks and multiple competitive graduate assistantship opportunities in both our summer and residential year programs.
- We maintain a near 100% job placement rate for our graduates upon degree completion.
- Our program offers full-time string music education pedagogue James Mick, who brings with him experience from all levels of the nation’s public school systems.
- We host a thriving string project titled Strings Off And Running (SOAR), a junior student teaching program led by Julie Carr, an IC Lecturer with 40 years of experience as an educator.
- Through a blend of world-class faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, professional performance opportunities, access to liberal arts classes, and a beautiful campus setting, students grow in a challenging yet supportive community.