Below are verbatim comments about what the college's guiding mission should be, gathered during the Fall 2018 all-staff, all-faculty, and Board of Trustees meetings.
- Providing more professional opportunities for students to best prepare for the work force
- A liberal arts education and applied real-world practice experience for all students by the time they graduate
- Be a national and global leader in active, applied, community-based learning and research
- Be best at our strengths while remaining well-rounded.
- Integrate health and wellness into each area.
- Interjecting experiential learning into all aspects of the academic and co-curricular education of students.
- To graduate an IC student must have completed a philanthropy class, service/ volunteering.
- #1 in sustainability practices. Financial, environmental, and social living and learning community that incorporates the Ithaca community beyond the college.
- Embracing philanthropy and seeing it as a positive benefit.