- Hierald Osorto (staff)
- Judith Pena-Shaff (faculty)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Campus Climate Action Group
To develop a campus climate marked by culturally competent faculty and staff and an inclusive living and learning experience for students, this group will
- expand the Bias Impact Reporting process to include programming that educates campus around relevant topics, such as diversity talking circles; and
- revise the college diversity statement and promote its use in advertising the curriculum.
Action Group Members
- Co-chair: Mary Jo Watts (staff)
- Samantha Elebiary (staff)
- Cara Cirino (student)
- Darius Cureton (staff)
- Ari Domeraski (student)
- Thomas Dunn (staff)
- Steffani Farquharson (student)
- Luca Maurer (staff)
- James Miranda (faculty)
- Eliana Noznesky (student)
- Henry Wade (student)
- Co-chair: Lia Munoz (staff)
- Co-chair: Roger Richardson (staff)
- Christine King (student)
- Wren Murray (student)
- Jane Ray (staff)
Additional Goal Objectives
These initiatives will be tackled by specific operational units and will not call for action groups to be formed:
Diversify the curriculum in departments in measurable and quantifiable ways to reflect the experience of students and a changing society:
- Implement action plans resulting from completed academic program reviews with regard to curriculum diversification.
- Add language regarding curriculum diversification to the curriculum section of the academic program review guidelines, so that it is incorporated into the program review moving forward.
Establish benchmarks and action plans in academic and non-academic units for diversifying faculty, staff, and students:
- Recruit and retain from underrepresented US-based minoritized communities, the LGTBQ community, international students, and underrepresented groups by field (e.g., women in IT and STEM) by providing inclusive search training to faculty and staff.