- Solo Competition: Division I: students in grades 10-12 (as of
Division II: students in grades 7-9 (as of September 2019)
- Concerto Competition: students in grades 9-12 (as of September 2019)
- Students currently studying with Ithaca College faculty are not eligible
Application & Entrance Fee
- Applications for the Piano Competition must be submitted online by August 10, 2019
- A $50 nonrefundable entrance fee enables the contestant to participate in either the solo or concerto competitions (or both).
- The entrance fee must be paid by check, payable to
Ithaca College, and mailed to:
Ithaca College School of Music - 3322 Whalen Center
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
- Entrance fee must be postmarked by August 20, 2019, for the application to be considered complete
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Performance times will be determined by a random drawing. Special requests cannot be accommodated.
- Individual performance and rehearsal times will be emailed from Ithaca College by September 9, 2019
- Failure to appear at the appointed performance time will result in disqualification
- All works must be performed from memory
- Students may provide their own accompanists for the concerto competition. Do not send music if providing your own accompanist.
- Ithaca College accompanists will be available at a
nonrefundable fee of $50 (includes a 30-minute
rehearsal and the performance)
- Students using Ithaca College accompanists must send original music with their entrance fee posted no later than August 20, 2019 (no photocopies)
- Be sure your name is on the music
Copies of Scores
- Contestants must bring with them one original copy of each score for use by the judges
- Accompanists for the concerto competition must also use original copies
- Photo copies are not allowed. The use of photo copies will disqualify the contestant from the competition
- The judges' decisions are final
- The judges reserve the right to hear all or part of the prepared works
- The judges reserve the right not to choose a winner
- Performance time is limited to
- 15 minutes for the solo competition, Division I
- 10 minutes for the solo competition, Division II
- 10 minutes for the concerto competition
The following hotels have rooms available at the rates listed. Mention that you are planning to attend the Ithaca College Piano Competition. Rooms will be held for this event until September 1, 2019.
- Best Western: Call for rates at 607-272-6100 or visit their website
- Country Inn and Suites: 20% discount off current rate; call for rates at 607-256-1100 or visit their website
See www.visitithaca.com for rates on additional hotels and motels as well as listings for bed-and-breakfast inns. Tell them that you are attending an event at Ithaca College, and ask if there is a corporate rate they can give you.
For inquiries, e-mail email@example.com