Ithaca College Provost La Jerne Terry Cornish and associate professor of history Jason Freitag announced the 13 members of the steering committee who will join them in overseeing the college’s strategic planning process during a kickoff event on Thursday, September 27, in Emerson Suites.
“Jason and I are super excited about the composition of the steering committee, which is truly reflective of the IC community with respect to knowledge, skills, diverse perspectives and forward thinking,” said Cornish, who along with Freitag will chair the committee.
The committee members announced comprise students, staff, faculty, alumni, trustees and Ithaca community members. The members are:
- Raquel Jacobs ’20, integrative studies major
- Mark Scaglione ’22, journalism major
- Casey Kendall, executive director of applications and infrastructure, Information Technology
- Tiffany Valentin, CSTEP coordinator and HEOP/CSTEP/CSTEM counselor, Office of State Grants
- Paula Ioanide, associate professor, Center for the Study of Culture, Race and Ethnicity
- Dawn Pierce, assistant professor, Department of Performance Studies
- Gordon Rowland, professor, Department of Strategic Communication
- Gerard Turbide, vice president, Division of Enrollment Management
- Bonnie Prunty, dean of students, Division of Student Affairs and Campus Life
- Luvelle Brown, superintendent, Ithaca City School District; Ithaca College Board of Trustees
- David Fleisher II ’91, Parent ’20, CEO, Firstrust Financial Resources; Ithaca College Board of Trustees
- Cedrick-Michael Simmons ’14, doctoral student, Boston College
- Schelley Michell-Nunn, director of human resources, City of Ithaca