Follow us on Instagram @ICResLife where we will share Fall 2023 move-in details and links in our link tree for important web pages associated with move-in and living on campus.
Fall 2023 Move-In Information
Fall 2023 Move-In
Move-in will take place the week prior to the start of classes.
Dates & Times
- If you have approval to arrival earlier than August, 14th, please see the Early Arrival page for check-in information.
- Monday, August 14, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM - Early Arrivals* (Jumpstart)
- Thursday, August 17, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM - First Year and Transfer Students
- Sunday, August 20, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM - Upper Years Students
- Monday, August 21, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM - Upper Years Students
- Circles residents: Circles Community Center Office
- Residents for all other areas of campus: Athletics and Events Center (A&E)
*Essential student employee early arrival requests must be submitted by your employment supervisor, coach, academic advisor, or other IC staff or faculty member. The date to arrive on the submitted form takes precedence over the set aside date/s listed above.
IC's move-in dates are selected with a variety of internal and external factors in mind such as staffing resources and the greater Ithaca community. Thank you so much for your cooperation and support in ensuring that Fall 2023 Move-In is a great success!
Severe Weather Plan
If the weather team determines that there are dangerous conditions (lightening) and it is unsafe for staff, students and families to be outside, key distribution would be paused. Staff directing traffic and Move-in crew volunteers would be directed to shelter inside. In the event of severe weather, the Rave Guardian app will be used to communicate if there is a pause in move-in and when the activities can be resumed once the danger has passed.
Students can use the Rave Guardian app for free (learn more).
When on-campus, family members can opt into the college’s Emergency Notification System to receive an IC Alert text whenever the college sends out an emergency message via Rave Guardian. If you wish to opt in to this service, text “ICVisitor” to 226787. You can stop receiving messages at any time by texting “stop” to 226787.
- The Early Arrival Form Opens in Workflow June 26, 2023, at 1:00 AM and closes August 16, 2023, at 11:59 PM.
- If you are part of an organization that is expected to move-in early (e.g. Resident Assistants, Athletics, Jumpstart, Dining, etc.), your organization leader/department will submit an Early Arrival form on your behalf.
- Meal Plans begin on Monday, August 14, 2023.
- Groups arriving to campus prior to August 14 for an organization/department, should direct meal questions your respective organization/department.
- Individuals approved to arrive prior to August 14 due to extenuating circumstances will be required to pay for meals out of pocket.
Sending Packages to IC in Advance of Move In
IC Mail Services is accepting advance packages for residents (such as bed linens, large shipments being sent long distance from home to Ithaca, etc). College staff will work to place packages in students rooms ahead of move-in. Items unable to be pre-placed will be available for students to retrieve through smart lockers.