We are hard at work modifying SMA to provide a meaningful, musical experience at Ithaca College while protecting the health and safety of our students, staff, and families.
Here are some of the changes that will be implemented for our 2021 season:
- Smaller ensemble and performance cohorts;
- Adherence to social distancing and mask-wearing policies;
- Staggered scheduling designed to de-densify spaces being utilized;
- Weekly COVID-19 testing administered in conjunction with the Cayuga Medical Center;
- Dedicated, on-call nursing staff with COVID-19 training; and
- A camp-wide video project that will include in-person and virtual participants.
Important Note: Our in-person programming will only be available to campers who can be picked by a family member/guardian within 1-day’s drive (not using public transit). In the event that a COVID-19 case is identified, the family must be able to provide transportation home.
All others are invited to join us for expanded virtual SMA opportunities that run concurrently.
In the event that we are unable to offer an in-person experience due to local, state, or federal directives, the non-refundable application fee can be transferred from the In-Person program to the Virtual program.
More information is available on Ithaca College's Coronavirus Updates page.