Within our Bachelor of Music program, in addition to core courses that focus on legacy recording techniques, you will be trained in the latest recording and mixing methods in state-of-the-art facilities. To complement your music studies, you will take courses in Audio Production, Theatre Sound, and Physics. Your skills will be honed and developed over the four years as a paid engineer working for Ithaca College’s Recording Services, culminating in an internship in the field during your senior year. You will also create a senior project, acting as producer, recording/mixing engineer, and mastering engineer. This will serve as your portfolio piece, demonstrating that you are both an audio professional and a trained musician.
Sound Recording Technology (B.M.)
Reminder: Audition Required
Interested in applying to this degree program? Remember that an audition is required for full admission consideration.
- Students start working independently in studios during their freshman year.
- The Recording Services program employs students to record over 400 concerts and recitals each year.
- State-of-the-art facilities
- World-class faculty who are experts in the sound recording field teach and mentor students.
- High-profile internship placements
- Our program maintains excellent job placement for graduates into their chosen fields.
- Ithaca College is an AVID Learning Partner Institution.