Please spread your course offerings throughout the day:
- Be sure to utilize the early morning (8:00AM and 8:20AM) and evening (6:15PM and later) time slots.
- Time slots that fall between 4:00PM and 6:00PM should be utilized for non-required and multiple-section courses.
Non-standard meeting times (including fourth-hour meeting times / labs):
- Should span the fewest time slots possible.
- Preferably should begin at a standard meeting time.
- Multiple sections should be “balanced” (e.g. a section with a Tuesday fourth-hour should be “balanced” with a Thursday fourth-hour at the same time).
- Non-standard meeting times that require a general (non-specialized) classroom or lecture hall will be given the lowest room scheduling priority.
Large classes: Please confer with each other and be mindful of our campus’ space constraints when planning the schedules for large classes.
We can’t schedule too many large classes at the same time. Our campus has:
- 11 lecture halls (sloped, fixed seating)
- two with 60 seats
- seven with 90-154 seats
- two with 210-240 seats
- Only seven large regular classrooms (flat floor, moveable chairs)
- five that seat 40–44
- one that seats 47
- one that seats 54
Instructors with back-to-back classes:
- We will make every effort to place instructors with back-to-back classes in the same classroom.
- If the instructor for the back-to-back classes has not yet been assigned during the schedule build process, please indicate “B2B” on the scheduling spreadsheet.
- Enrollment caps that differ by >= 50%.
- Differing room requirements (e.g. specialized lab vs. classroom).
- However, since this practice greatly reduces the flexibility of scheduling and relocating classrooms, please keep the number of instructors with back-to-back sections to a minimum.
During the semester:
- Instructors should contact their department assistants and/or Deans’ offices for any room change requests, who will then email the Registrar’s Office.
- All classes must meet in the location indicated in Homer. Classes cannot change rooms until the room has been updated in Homer.
- If chairs or tables are moved or re-arranged during class, they must be returned to their original configuration at the end of the class period.