The department is comprised of students, faculty and staff. There are various committees that meet regularly to conduct the business of the department.
- Leadership Team: The leadership team meets weekly to guide the department as a whole.
- Program Areas: Each program meets weekly to guide the specific programs. These meetings are coordinated by the Degree Coordinators.
- Tenured Faculty Committee: This group conducts all faculty evaluation in the department.
- Curriculum & Assessments: The group approves curriculum requests and conducts assessment activities for the department.
- Season Selection: The group works with programs and their pedagogical goals to determine a season.
- IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility) Committee: The group fosters a community of anti-racism and equity by assisting colleagues in the development and implementation of substantive change in department curriculum, productions, and culture.
- Field Studies: This group works to plan and execute the yearly trip to NYC for seniors.
- Ad-Hoc Committees: Groups are gathered around specific goals such as searches, values statements, department culture, etc.
- Guest Artist Representatives: Each program appoints a representative to coordinate guest artists.
- Library Representative: The department appoints one faculty member to coordinate with the library.
Students elect representatives for monthly faculty/staff meetings, the Season Selection committee, on search committees, and on ad-hoc working groups that have included department cultures & traditions, values statement, and antiracism initiatives as part of the Leadership Team