The Summer Shop Assistant is a student with experience in the area of theatrical lighting, sound, and scenery, who works for the Department of Theatre Arts to help maintain the department’s production inventory and spaces. Under faculty and staff supervision, clean and maintain shop facilities and equipment. Make purchases when necessary. Work on special projects related to production and maintenance, as assigned. If over 21, use department van to run errands.
- A working knowledge of the theatre and theatrical equipment, and prior experience with the specific systems used by the Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts.
- The ability to lift 50lb.
- The ability to work at height.
- The ability to be self-motivated and work independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the diagnosis and repair of theatrical facilities and production equipment.
- Assist with the maintenance of classroom equipment and technologies and prepare spaces for the fall semester.
- Assist with updating the inventory of department-owned assets
- Work other tasks on behalf of the Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts as assigned by the department’s Lighting and Sound Shop Supervisor, Scene Shop Supervisor, Technical Director, and Coordinator of Theatre Operations.
Hours: 35.5 per week, May 20 through August 27, 2019 - $11.25/hour