The Tap Dance Teaching Assistant is a student assistant with knowledge and experience in dance, particularly tap and jazz. The assistant will work with the professor of DNCE 14100/14200/24100/34100 and the students enrolled in the class both in and outside of class hours.
- Must have completed or be concurrently enrolled in:
- Tap 1 - (DNCE 14100)
- Jazz Dance I, II, III - (DNCE 13100, 13200, 23100)
- Ballet I, II, III or higher level (DNCE 11100, 11200, 21100)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Along with the faculty member, physically demonstrate and lead the tap dance warm-up and movement sequences
- Organize and lead outside-of-class tutorials in preparation for the grading of movement combinations and tutoring individual students as needed
- Assist the faculty member in giving one-on-one corrections and physical adjustments to students
- Set a positive example for the class in terms of work ethic, leadership, attitude, attendance and promptness
- Please note: in academic year 21-22, we will be offering Tap III in the fall and Tap I in the spring.
Hours: 4 hours per week
Supervisor: Aimee Rials (firstname.lastname@example.org)