Auditions for Opera Workshop take place during the first class period. Opera Workshop is open to juniors, seniors and graduate students only as well as students who have taken Acting and Movement for the Opera Singer. Students should prepare at least one operatic aria and bring a résumé. Students must be available for the entire duration of the class period: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:05-4:55pm.
Auditions for the mainstage opera are held the start of the fall semester. In Fall 2017, auditions for the 2018 mainstage opera (Massenet's Cendrillon) will be held Friday, September 8; Saturday, September 9 and Sunday, September 10 in Presser Rehearsal Hall in The Whalen School of Music. You are responsible for bringing your own pianist. Audition attire is required. Students must sign up for an audition via this link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d48afa822a7fc1-opera1.
What to bring:
- 2 copies of your résumé (see Audition Resources for information about and samples of résumés, rep lists and headshots)
- 2 copies of your Repertoire List
- 1 copy of your headshot
- You are responsible for bringing your own pianist
- Audition attire is required
What to prepare:
- One aria in French that clearly shows your voice type, range etc. If you do not have a French aria, prepare a French art song in the style of Massenet
- Please have at least two other arias from your rep list (Romantic-era preferred) prepared and ready to sing. You may or may not be asked to sing a second piece at your audition.
- If you are auditioning for a specific role, please prepare the corresponding aria from Cendrillon.
Questions? Please email Professor Christopher Zemliauskas firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auditions for all Department of Theatre Arts musical productions are held via main-stage auditions, the Sunday before classes start, both semesters. Typical audition requirements are 16 bar cuts of up-tempo and/or ballade musical theatre selections, plus a 60 second monologue. Students should e-mail Kerri Lynch (email@example.com) with your Ithaca College e-mail. The subject of the e-mail should be "Auditions." In the body of the e-mail you should include your name and specify that you are interested in auditioning for the mainstage musical.