Information for Applicants:
THE APPLICATION AND RECOMMENDATION FORMS ARE NOT CURRENTLY OPEN. PLEASE CHECK BACK STARTING IN FEBRUARY 2020 FOR UPDATED INFORMATION.
Apply to the Ithaca College BOLD Women's Leadership Network here! The application will be open March 11th, 2019, at 12:01am through April 2nd, 2019, at 11:59pm.
If you meet the criteria to apply we encourage you to submit an application for the program. A complete application consists of the application form, at least one recommendation form completed by a current Ithaca College faculty or staff member, a copy of your unofficial transcript sent as a PDF and a photo of you sent as a JPEG or PNG. The transcript and picture should be emailed to email@example.com. As part of your application, you are required to have a recommendation submitted. You can either ask a faculty or staff member to submit this recommendation on your behalf by sending them the form, or someone may recommend you anonymously, and the BOLD Director will then invite you to submit an application. If you intend to ask someone to recommend you, please send that invitation as soon as possible, to give your recommender sufficient time to complete the online form. Recommenders only need to complete the online form, they do not need to submit any additional materials (such as a letter of recommendation). You can initiate and submit your application before receiving a recommendation.
Instructions to obtain an unofficial transcript:
- Log into HomerConnect
- On the left panel, click on Unofficial Transcript
- It will default to “All Levels” and “Web Student Transcript”
- Click Submit
- This will general an online view version
- Right click on the page and click Print
- The print box will pop up
- Where it says “Destination” click the drop down to choose a printer and select “Save as PDF”
- Click Save
- Use this format to name and save your transcript: Last Name, First Name - Transcript
- Email PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form will ask you questions around the following topics:
- Your interest in the BOLD Program
- Your specific qualities/skills that make you an ideal candidate for the BOLD Women's Leadership Network
- The activities you have participated in that demonstrate your leadership skills
- What you anticipate to contribute to the BOLD Program and what you hope to gain
- What skills you hope to acquire or improve upon
- What makes you invested in/passionate about Intergenerational Mentoring, Identity, and Social Change
- You will be asked about your personal demographics as we are hoping to select a diverse cohort across many experiences, identities, and lived experiences
Information for Recommenders:
Click here to submit a recommendation for a student! The recommendation form will be open from March 11th, 2019, at 12:01am until April 5th, 2019, at 11:59pm.
Ithaca College BOLD Women’s Leadership Network applicants are required to have at least one recommendation submitted on their behalf by a current Ithaca College faculty or staff member. It is the student’s responsibility to contact potential recommenders and secure their willingness to complete a recommendation form by the application deadline. However, recommenders are able to submit recommendations for numerous students, potentially without their request, and the BOLD Director will contact those students to encourage them to apply.
Recommenders are asked about the following topics in the recommendation form:
- For how long and in what context(s) you have known the student
- The qualities or attributes that make the student a great fit for the BOLD Women's Leadership Network
- Activities the student has participated in that demonstrate their leadership skills
- What you anticipate the student will contribute to the BOLD Program
- The strengths and areas of growth for the student
- Any potential hesitations you have in recommending the student
Recommendations must be submitted by the recommenders directly. Please follow the link emailed to you, or posted in Intercom, in order to submit your recommendation. Recommenders only need to complete the online form, they do not need to submit any additional materials (such as a letter of recommendation). Please contact the Program Director, Samantha Bobbe at 607-274-5728 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns about nominations.