The theme for the BOLD Program is: Intergenerational Mentoring, Identity, and Social Change. BOLD scholars are awarded a two-year scholarship of up to $27,500 per year and those selected will become part of a cohort of about 7-10 students. In the spring of 2021, we will be recruiting students in their Sophomore year that will be part of the program for four semesters (Fall 2021-Spring 2023), with intended graduation dates of May 2023, Summer 2023 or December 2023.
The scholarship of the program is need-based. If you have questions regarding your potential eligibility based on your financial aid package, please contact Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Given that this is a need-based program, some students with other substantial scholarships or grants may not be eligible for additional scholarship funding.
BOLD Applicants must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Students who identify as female or women
- Enrolled full-time
- Good academic standing
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA. Applicants with a cumulative GPA between 2.2 and 2.5 will be considered on a case-by-case basis after review by the selection committee.
- Scholars beginning the program in Fall 2021 must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater. A scholar whose GPA falls between 2.2 and 2.5 will be placed on academic probation.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership potential
- Strong critical thinking skills and demonstrated ability or desire to facilitate challenging discourse
- Demonstrated passion for social equity
- Demonstrated ability to work well in groups
- BOLD Scholars are NOT required to reside on campus for the duration of the program
Previously, we have not permitted any scholars to study abroad or study away during their time as a scholar. This is due to the intimate nature of the cohort and the intense workload that is required by all scholars. We will now consider, on a case-by-case basis, applicants who plan to study abroad or study away during their last two years at Ithaca College. This will be based on their action plan to contribute meaningfully to their cohort, and to be a successful scholar while away from Ithaca. Please indicate on your application if you plan to study abroad or study away during the next two years and we will discuss this further during the interview process. Please reach out if you want to discuss this further.
Students will be selected via a two-stage interview process. The first is a group interview, which all eligible applicants will be invited to. After the group interview, a group of finalists will be selected to participate in an individual interview. From the pool of all applicants, the final cohort of about 7-10 students will be selected by the end of the spring semester (approximately May 7th).
Students ultimately will be selected on the basis of financial need, merit, and leadership potential, with an eye toward the creation of a diverse cohort.