New Student Employee Paperwork Questions:

What forms do I need to complete in order to work on campus?

A student needs to complete an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form, a W-4 tax form (for Federal taxes) and an IT-2104 tax form (for New York State taxes) and a NYS Notice and Acknowledgement of Pay Rate and Payday form.

What do I need to bring to a New Student Employee Program to be able to fill out my paperwork?

You need to have your original passport OR birth certificate (+ photo I.D.) OR social security card (+ photo I.D.) at the NSEP session you attend to fill out the I-9 form. We cannot accept photocopies, faxes, scans or e-mails. Click here for list of acceptable documents.

What is an I-9 Form, and where do I get one?

Federal guidelines require all employees complete an I-9 employment eligibility verification form in order to work. First-time Ithaca College student employees must attend a New Student Employment Program (NSEP) in order to complete their paperwork. Students may sign up for an NSEP session by going HERE. All NSEP paperwork must be completed before they begin work.

Do I have to do an I-9 each semester or each time I get a new job?

No. Once you begin working on campus your I-9 is kept on file as long as you are an undergraduate Ithaca College student employee.