This process will embody the principles of strong shared governance and transparency regarding decision-making authority.
- The president sets the tone and vision for the process, empowers the community to work in meaningful ways on the plan, and provides feedback and consultation on the plan along the way. She also approves the major deliverables, as outlined in the charts below.
- The provost and the chair of the plan design team are cochairs of the steering committee, which sets the direction for the working mission, vision, values, and core themes.
- The senior leadership team empowers their respective divisions to enable full participation, consults on concepts, and provides feedback as requested throughout the process.
The Role of the Board of Trustees
- The Board will charge the president, the senior team, and the community with ensuring that an effective and inclusive strategic planning process is taking place.
- At Board meetings, the Board will have the opportunity to offer feedback on developing ideas and directions.
- The Executive Committee of the Board will have more frequent updates about the work being done and will have the opportunity to offer feedback on developing ideas.
- The process may engage individual Board members with specific and relevant expertise as appropriate.
- The Board will formally approve the strategic framework and plan at the conclusion of the process.
The charts below outline additional detail about accountability for committees and community members, based on the major components of the plan.