In the New York State Broadcasters Association's (NYSBA) annual Excellence in Broadcasting awards competition, Ithaca College's student-run television and radio stations took first place in the following categories:
- ICTV - Outstanding Public Affairs Program (College Television Division)
- ICTV - Outstanding Series / Documentary (College Television Division)
- "The Inside Report - Pride & Poise: Journey to the Meadowlands" - Docuseries recapping the 2019 Ithaca College Football season - April 1, 2021
- Produced by Garrett Bampos '20, Matt Clement '21, Sam Shapiro '21, Dan Passante '22 and Andrew Guerra '23
- ICTV - Outstanding Live On-Scene Reporting (College Television Division)
- "Travis Brooks & Cynthia Brock Election Watch Party"
- "Election Night" - November 2, 2021
- Reporting by John Vicari '21 and Ryan Harmon '25
- ICTV - Outstanding Sportscast (College Television Division)
- ICTV - Outstanding Morning Newscast (College Television Division)
- ICTV - Outstanding Breaking News Coverage (College Television Division)
- "Storm Causes Widespread Flooding in Ithaca" - October 27, 2021
- Reporting by Grant Johnson '25 and Emily Hung '23
- WICB - Outstanding Radio Show (College Radio Division)
- "Homebrew" - WICB's weekly local music show - November 16, 2021
- Hosted and Produced by Dylan Brown '23
- WICB - Outstanding Use of Audio (College Radio Division)
- "India's COVID Crisis From Those Experiencing It" - Package featured during May 2, 2021 episode of "Ithaca Now" (WICB's weekly local news magazine)
- Produced by Himadri Seth '23 and Vedant Akhauri '21
The Excellence in Broadcasting Awards are set to be presented at the New York State Broadcasters Association's annual Serving NY Regional Award Luncheons this coming September. The luncheons will be held in cities throughout New York State. Click here for the full list of NYSBA's 2022 award winners.
Ithaca College Television (ICTV) is Ithaca's student-run television station with over twenty weekly shows in production each semester. ICTV programming airs Sunday through Thursday on the City of Ithaca's Educational Cable Access Channel (Spectrum 16) and streams at ictv.org.
WICB is Ithaca's student-run FM radio station and can be heard locally on 91.7 FM. Programming also streams at wicb.org and is available on the WICB iOS mobile app, plus iHeart and TuneIn Radio.