13th Annual Wheels for Women Cabaret Saturday February 17 at 7PM
On Saturday, February 17, 2024 at 7PM, the senior class of the Center for Theatre and Dance at Ithaca College will present the 13th Annual Wheels for Women Cabaret. The cabaret will be performed in the Hoerner Theatre, Dillingham Center.
We are dedicating this year’s cabaret to colleague Patricia (Patty) Zimmermann, who tragically passed away just before the commencement of the current academic year. Patty and her husband Stewart Auyash have been strong supporters of Wheels for Women since its inception in 2011, and Patty was a fierce advocate for social justice.
Our story: Wheels for Women came out of Kathleen Mulligan's 2010 Fulbright to India. Every year, students in the Department of Theatre Arts produce a cabaret to provide support for survivors of domestic violence, sexual abuse, and the sex trade in Kerala. We partner with the Cultural Academy for Peace, run by the indomitable Beena Sebastian. At the core of our organization is job training for women as auto-rickshaw drivers: helping them to move towards financial independence and away from their abusers. We also work to raise funds for Beena’s dream of a “Peace Village”— a transitional residence for women and their children as they move out of the shelter and back into society. Check out our website at wheels4women.org. This year's GIvebutter site: https://givebutter.com/yTZAMZ
We hope that you can join us for an event that promises to be entertaining and joyous (our theme this year is JOY- something the world can use a little more of these days.) Suggested donation is $10.00 ($5.00 for students.)
Additional ways you can support Wheels for Women:
- Honor a loved one by donating an inscribed BRICK for the Peace Village for $100.00 per brick. Please include information about the inscription with your donation on Givebutter.
- Include a purchase of raffle tickets in your donation for exciting prizes. Tickets are $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00. Indicate how many tickets you’d like to purchase.
- Bid on a homemade pie or a pie baking lesson with Kathleen at her home
- Here is a link to this year’s Givebutter campaign: https://givebutter.com/yTZAMZ
- If you’d prefer to write a check, make it out to ITHACA COLLEGE with Wheels for Women in the memo. You can send it Professor Kathleen Mulligan, c/o Center for Theatre and Dance, 953 Danby Road, Ithaca, NY 14850