Two committees consisting of faculty, students, and staff have been formed to help guide the migration, implementation, and adoption of the Canvas learning management system.
LMS Executive Committee
The executive committee role will be to:
- Approve plan for LMS implementation
- Provide oversight and recommendations to the Governance Committee
- Review and approve (or elevate to SLT for approval where appropriate) key policy decisions related to the LMS implementation, configuration, and work processes.
LMS Governance Committee
The governance committee role will be to:
- Ensure the successful implementation of Canvas by the start of the Fall 2021 semester
- Define goals and processes as it relates to the implementation and adoption of the LMS
- Define milestones and oversee completion of such
- Communicate progress, risks/concerns to the executive committee
- Champion the new system to the campus community
- Provide frequent communications to the campus community