The LMS Governance Committee welcomes your feedback and questions. Please fill out the LMS Campus Inquiry form to share your thoughts. A member of the committee will respond to you within a few days. Common questions that have been answered are posted on the LMS Project FAQ page.
Limited Canvas Pilot
Over 100 participants including faculty, staff and students are participating in the Pilot Canvas Courses from April through August. Our goal is to ensure a smooth LMS transition from Sakai to Canvas. The pilot members are providing important feedback to the LMS Technical and Implementation teams to help guide this transition.
We are no longer accepting participants for the Canvas Pilot. If your summer course/program was not included in the pilot please continue to teach in Sakai until the official launch of Canvas in August 2021.
We have two engagement levels that the 100+ pilot participants choose from as they explore Canvas.
- Self-paced exploration of Canvas, tools, and course design
- Explore the tools, but not apply them within a course or with students
- Faculty and staff access only
- Create a sample course while exploring and testing Canvas, tools, and course design
- Student access for a selected class roster (limited to 500 total students)
- May substitute a Sakai activity, quiz, assignment, discussion, etc. with a Canvas tool
- Provide faculty and student feedback to the implementation committee
- The pilot environment is available to Explorers and Pathfinders late March through August 2021
- Sakai will remain the primary learning management system through Spring and Summer 2021
- Pilot users can explore Canvas but there is minimal training and support from IT and the Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE)
- Canvas Tier 1 support available to all pilot users 24/7 via Chat, Email, and Phone
- Self-paced Canvas designed training modules available for faculty and students
Ithaca College hosted vendor demonstrations the week of Nov 9-13, 2020. Presentations included faculty/staff, technical, and students. The recordings are available on media.ithaca.edu (Kaltura) for IC students, faculty, and staff.
View the recordings found in the LMS Replacement channel (login with IC Netpass required)
Below are the hyperlinks to the recorded demonstrations for the selected vendor, Canvas.
Instructure Demonstrations of Canvas
Faculty & Staff Session Recording (login with IC Netpass required)
Student Session Recording (login with IC Netpass required)