Re-Recognition provides Student Organization Officers the opportunity to learn OSE policies and procedures, update their records, and develop skills in leadership and organization operations. Re-Recognition runs from the start of the academic year until the end of the Fall semester. Deadlines vary by year; officers and Advisors receive an email from the Associate Director for Student Involvement over the summer before the process opens with official dates and deadlines. There is typically a "grace period" in September where orgs can operate as a fully Recognized organization as they complete the process, gain members, and set their events for the year. After the grace period ends, the privileges of Recognition ends (outlined above), so it is important for orgs to complete the process quickly so they can remain operating.
- Submit the Re-Recognition Form found on IC Engage. This form will also be emailed out to the primary contacts for the organization as well as their Advisors.
- Update the Organization's IC Engage page:
- Create a constitution with the NEW constitution template found on the Re-Recognition Form. This constitution will be reviewed and approved by OSE.
- Update the organization's roster, primary contact, "About" page, and other aspects of the page as needed.
- Invite Advisor to accept the "Advisor Agreement" through IC Engage. The student editing the IC Engage page must send this agreement to the Advisor through IC Engage. The Advisor will receive an email from IC Engage notifying them of this Agreement. Advisors must accept this agreement in order for the organization to move forward in the Re-Recognition process.
- Designate 4 primary officers according to given instructions on the Re-Recognition form
- 4 designated officers must attend at least 1 Leading @IC SLI in Block 1 before the Grace Period ends. If the organization misses the Grace Period deadline, each designated officer must attend 2 SLIs in Block 2 before the semester's end. The Re-Recognition process will close at the end of classes in the Fall semester.
- Each E-Board member must review the NEW "Student Organization Handbook". This will be emailed to all Student Organization primary contacts and Advisors. It will also be made available on the OSE website.
- Each E-Board member must take and pass the "Student Organization Handbook" Quiz.
Alternative Option for #3: Attendance at The Student Organization Conference, which will occur during the Grace Period in the Fall 2023 semester, can count for Block 1 and 2's SLI requirement for the 4 designated officers.
These requirements are tracked by OSE staff and an official notification email will be sent to all E-Board members and their Advisor after completion of the Re-Recognition process. If an official email is not received, this indicates the organization did not finish all steps. For questions or further assistance, please contact OSE at email@example.com.