Challah at your new Jewish family!
New friendships, smooth move ins, and playing everyone's favorite game Jewish geography all make FreshFest a no brainer! All activities will be built for Jewish students of all different backgrounds to build community and make life-long friendships as they get to know campus and each other. Registration closes July 3rd! https://www.ithaca.edu/jumpstart-program
And of course, since this is a Jewish community event, plentiful food is of the essence. Spectacular hiking and picking local apples (and honey) are just two highlights of this fantastic experience!
In this program, participants will:
- Hike to Taughannock Falls, then rest with a beautiful catered Italian lunch at Taughannock Pavilion, and tons of chit chat and bonding activities by the banks of the beautiful Cayuga Lake. Then hop back on the bus to taste the local fruits and pick your own at Indian Creek Farm!
- Meet new friends and make community connections that will last throughout your years at Ithaca College.
- Participate in reflection exercises, icebreakers, and meaningful small-group discussion opportunities.
- Learn about upcoming trips with Hillel, from Apple Picking for Rosh Hashana to Israel on Birthright this winter.
- Get oriented to your own version of Jewish life on campus- whether it’s just for the High Holidays, or every Shabbat Dinner.
Students should be able to safely walk for at least 2 miles. Life threatening allergies/medical conditions should be able to be managed in the field. Students need to bring a water bottle, any life-saving medications, clothing appropriate for the weather and a raincoat, small backpack to carry their gear and snacks.
Monday, August 14
- 9:00 am – 3:30 pm Move into your residence halls
- 3:45 am – 5:00 pm Icebreakers At Muller for Students &
Parent Refreshments and FAQ Session In Muller
- 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Dinner & Jumpstart Welcome Activities
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm FreshFest Mingle and Orientation
Tuesday, August 15
- 09:00 am – 10:00 am Breakfast At Muller Chapel (Bring water bottle & Appropriate Clothes for the day!)
- 10:00 pm – 12:00 pm Bus Departs: Arrival & Hike To & From Taughannock Falls
- 12:00 pm – 02:00 pm Lunch & Swim & Activities at Taughannock Pavilion (Kosher)
- 03:00 pm – 04:30 pm Indian Creek Fruit & Flower Picking
- 04:30 pm – 05:00 pm Bus back to campus
- 05:00 pm – 06:00 pm Rest and Shower
- 06:30 pm – 07:30 pm Dinner at Muller under the Tent (Kosher)
07:00 pm – 08:00 pm Smores!