Posted on behalf of Dr. Brian K. Dickens
The role of Human Resources (HR) in higher education is continually evolving. In order to remain responsive to the needs of Ithaca College (IC), we are pleased to introduce the campus to the “new reimagined” Office of Human Resources.
We initiated this self-assessment process in an effort to create a fundamental organizational change that will position the Office for long-term growth and sustainability. However, and more importantly, this evolution will help us to transform the way Human Resources conducts business, making it possible to offer more collaborative interactions with the campus. At the heart of our efforts stand a commitment to re-establish trust and maintain a positive proactive relationship with our campus constituents.
We handled the restructuring process and decisions with care, rigor, and a motivation to help drive IC into the future with a responsibility to increase engagement, community, and accountability on campus. To support this evolution, HR has been undergoing some significant changes, both in terms of people, structure, and space. Our website, www.ithaca.edu/hr, will have more detailed information regarding individuals’ roles.
Human Resources Department Administrative Offices
- Dr. Brian K. Dickens (Vice President of Human Resources)
- Leslie D’Arcy (Assistant to the Vice President)
- Matt Lewkowicz (Information Systems Manager)
Payroll & Student Employment Services
Dedicated to providing timely and accurate payroll services, and experiential learning opportunities by assisting students find and successfully apply for jobs on campus.
- Donna Veres (Director)
- Kris Guidi (Payroll Specialist)
- Barb Haff (Student Employment Specialist)
Total Rewards & Workforce Strategy
Committed to offering competitive compensation, benefits, and advancement opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a high performing and diverse workforce.
- Cindy Reckdenwald (Executive Director)
- Cheryl Thomason (Director of Benefit Program)
- Maura Fetsko (Assistant Director of Compensation Programs)
- Deb Merriman (Assistant Director of Benefit Programs)
- Julie Tinkham (Leave and Policy Administration Specialist)
Engagement & Talent Management
Dedicated to a strategic staffing agenda inclusive of fostering a talent strategy with a progressive focus on engaging and developing our workforce, enabling our community members to flourish at IC.
- Kirra Franzese (Executive Director)
- Delphia Howze (Director of Employee Relations & Development) - Delphia will join our team on June 1, 2017.
- Michelle Hammond (Associate Director of Talent Acquisitions)
- Katie Sack (Assistant Director of Employee Engagement)
- Jane Ray (Engagement and Communications Specialist)
We encourage folks to reach out to us: visit our office, invite us to visit your department, call 274.8000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be posting additional ways to connect with “Your HR” on Intercom and the website www.ithaca.edu/hr. With this new structure and remarkable team, I am confident the entire campus will benefit from many of the new and extraordinary opportunities that lie ahead, both for HR and IC.