Transfer Credit

Incoming students who have taken courses at an accredited college or university should have official transcripts sent to the Office of Admission at Ithaca College. The Office of Admission will then process the information and send the transcript(s) to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation. Approximately 5–7 business days from the date of acceptance, you should receive an evaluation of the coursework. Only courses with a C- or higher will be evaluated. To view the transfer credit policy, please refer to the catalog section entitled Transfer from another Institution (scroll down to this section).

Ithaca College currently accepts Advanced Placement Exams, CLEP exams, and International Baccalaureate Exams. Exam results must be sent from the testing agency directly to the Office of the Registrar at the following address:
Office of the Registrar, Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Ithaca NY 14850.

Ithaca College also awards credit for A-Level Exams.  Exams must be Advanced Level, no credit will be awarded for Advanced Subsidiary.  Original exam certificated must be brought to the Office of the Registrar.  We will make copies of your original certificates and return the originals to you.

In addition, Ithaca College accepts transfer credit for military coursework.  Please have your official Joint Services transcript sent electronically to Ithaca College. Visit the JST website to make your request:

Please see the current course catalog for specific information about:

A-Level Policy

AP Policy and Equivalents

CLEP Policy and Equivalents

IB Policy and Equivalents

Current students who have transfer credit that has never been evaluated can still have it evaluated and potentially added to their academic record. Have official transcripts or exam scores sent to the Office of the Registrar and watch for changes on HomerConnect through either your unofficial transcript or your degree evaluation.

Petition for Transfer Credit (PTC)

Current Students who wish to take courses elsewhere in the United States should fill out a Petition for Transfer Credit form. Please use the appropriate Study Abroad Petition for Transfer Credit form instead of the IC Workflow PTC when coursework is from a Study Abroad program. 

Policy Exception – IC Workflow Petition will be accepted for Study Abroad coursework while we remain in a remote learning environment.

  • Please log into IC Workflow to access this form.

  • As part of the workflow, the Office of the Registrar will verify that the institution in question is accredited.  

  • It will then be routed to the appropriate chair of the relevant department and dean for approval. 

  • This form should be submitted before the student takes the course so that there is no question as to how the course credit will be applied to the student's individual degree requirements.

  • Please be aware that you CANNOT transfer in Theme & Perspective courses from other domestic institutions.

  • Additionally, if you want to receive Diversity, Writing Intensive or Quantitative Literacy attribute designations to meet ICC requirements, you must also fill out the appropriate ICC PTC form.

  • Upon completion of transfer coursework, an official transcript should be sent from the approved institution to the Office of the Registrar one of the following ways: 

    • ​​​​​​electronically to

    • via mail to: Ithaca College Office of the Registrar, 953 Danby Rd, Ithaca NY  14850

International Transfer Credit

Guidelines for Transcript Submission

  • Official transcripts are required from each post-secondary institution attended. These should be sent to Ithaca College directly from your institution, mailed in sealed envelopes bearing the institution's name and address.
  • We cannot accept documents in your possession unless they are in sealed, unopened envelopes.
  • If documents are issued in a language other than English, line-for-line translations must be provided. If the university does not provide English translations, it is recommended that translations be performed by the Minister of Education in your country or from a certified official translator. Certified translations may be attained through:
  • A certified external course-by-course evaluation should be submitted for all postsecondary level studies completed outside of the U.S. We accept evaluations from WES and AACRAO.
  • If you hold a Bachelor's degree and your university graduation date, type of degree and/or major is not listed on your transcipt you must also provide an official copy of your diploma or degree certificate.

All documents submitted to Ithaca College for admission or for transfer credit evaluation become the property of the College and will not be returned.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation agreements are formal agreements or partnerships between two or more colleges or schools documenting transfer policies that define a pathway from an academic program in one place to the other.